Germany: Five acts advance to the online voting phase of the Junior Eurovision 2021 national selection
Five talented acts have advanced to the online voting round of the German Junior Eurovision 2021 national selection 'Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris?’.
Germany's national selection for Jumior Eurovision 2021 is unfolding, with the country using the same format as last year titled 'Junior ESC – Wer fährt nach Paris?’. Young talents between the ages of 9 and 14 had the chance to apply to the broadcasters KiKA and NDR by June 25th to take part in the JESC national selection.
A special jury reviewed all applications and shortlisted 5 five acts that will take part in a online voting round that will determine the three acts that will compete in the live national final, set to take place on September 10, 2021 in Erfurt.
The five acts that made it through to the online voting phase:
- Marta (10 years old) comes from Bad Sazuflen in North Rhine-Westphalia. Besides singing she also loves dancing. She's a member of a choir and jazz dance is one of her weekly activities.
- Anjali (11 years old) comes from Eschborn in Hessen. She her idol is Ariana Grande while when she's not singing in a choir or at parties she like horse riding as he is a nature lover.
- Yike (11 years old) is from Berlin and has already exprerience in performing in front of an audience as he sings in 'Staats und Domchor Berlin' and in the childrens' choir Komische Oper. He's favorite musician is Michael Jackson while playing the piano and guitar are his two addtional passions.
- Pauline (12 years old) comes from Koblenz in Rhineland- Palatinate. She loves playing with drums and has a passion for piano and theater games. She has also reseived several awards in 'Jugend Musiziert'.
- Emilie ( 13 yeasr old) is from Homburg in Saarland. She plays the trumpet and cornet. She has already formed her won band while Adele and Taylor Swift are her idols.
The online voting has already kicked off on the official JESC page of kika.de The three acts that will receive the most votes in the online voting will qualify to the final live show.
On September 10th, the live casting show "Junior ESC - Who's going to Paris?" will take place in Erfurt. The two songs that have already been composed and will run for selection will be also presented there. Each of the three young finalists will sing both songs. An online voting then determines both the German song and the candidate for the Junior ESC 2021.
Germany in Junior Eurovision
Last year was Germany's debut appearance in the competition. The nation was represened by Susan with the song "Stronger With You" which finished in 12th place with 66 points.