American Song Contest: Submissions kick off along with the casting website
The American edition of the Eurovision Song Contest is on the path of writing it own history in the music scene with the submissions kicking off and the producers launching the respective casting website.
Based on Eurovision Song Contest, the biggest music competition in the world with a 65-year history and 200 million viewers per year, American Song Contest will feature live performances of original songs representing all 50 states, five U.S. territories and our nation’s capital. Each original song will compete in a LIVE televised event series to win the country’s vote for the Best Original Song... with this introduction the producers welcome the American audience to the new casting website of the American Song Contest, americansongsubmissions.com
Submissions kick off - Terms released
The producers of the American Song Contest are making the final step to see the American version of the longest in history and most popular competition in the wold, unfold on the other side of the Atlantic by beginning the search of the acts that will take part in the contest. On their newly casting website the outline what they are looking for and under which terms:
- American Song Contest is scouring the nation looking for artists who own the stage and captivate an audience with original music.From indie to pop, bands to DJ’s, rap to singer-songwriters, signed or independent, we will be showcasing a diverse array of artists in all genres from across the country.
- No covers are eligible, no tribute bands and original songs only. All U.S. states, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Washington, D.C. accepted. The candidate contestant must be 16 or older to apply.
- Submissions should not be longer than 5 minutes, not have been released commercially (via iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify or a similar platform) but is eligible if publishment is promotional and has taken place on platforms as SoundCloud, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
- A selected participant, will need to be available to the production for approximately four (4) weeks (possibly longer or shorter) sometime between on or about February 11, 2022, through and including on or about April 12, 2022 (actual dates subject to change in Producer’s sole discretion), and be willing to travel to the Los Angeles, California and Atlanta, Georgia areas (and possibly other locations) as part of production.
- Applicants should include in their submission all States or terittories to which they have strong connections with taking in mind that the final state that they might represent could be eventually different from the one expected.
American Song Contest brought to you by NBC, Propagate, Universal Television Alternative Studio, Veteran Producers of Eurovision Song Contest and the Executive Producer of The Voice.
News Source: Americansongsubmission.com/wiwibloggs.com